So you all know how I love a good theme and birthdays, so combining the two was like a pefect marriage for me and my creativity. This year was Jade's first birthday which made it even more special. Titi Daysha calls Jade her little ladybug so it was only fitting that the birthday theme would be ladybugs. Worked for me because I was even able to incorporate a bit of green accent into the color scheme. Amazingly enough they actually have first birthday ladybug themed decorations so it was even more perfect! For decorations I was able to find some inexpensive ladybug serving bowls and a platter at Tuesday Morning. I ordered all the papergoods online, but later found the exact same decorations at the party shop on Preston in Frisco (so if you are doing a ladybug themed birthday or shower, check them out first!) I also ordered trasparent red polka dot chinese takeout boxes. I got a custom banner and labels on etsy.com. One of the best "decorations" was Jade's outfit, which we found on etsy.com as well and thanks to her godmother came in enough time for her first birthday shoot the weekend before. Mom and Maya helped cook all the food and Maya helped set up the decorations and the splash party in the backyard. We had a brunch since my cousin Carissa was getting marriend the next day and we rehearsal to attend later in the afteroon. The menu included, homemade mini cinnamon rolls, spinach and mushroom mini frittatas, fried chicken drummettes, sausage crossint rolls, a fruit salad (served in a watermelon bowl made to look like a ladybug), skillet smothered potatoes and ladybug juice (my family's famous fruit punch with blueberries floating on top).
The splash party was a total success too! The kids had a blast, even the big kids (Dedrick)! Jade and the babies even had their own special splash zone so they could get a little wet too!
At the end of the day Miss Jade as exhausted. The perfect end to a perfect birthday. Honestly, I don't think the day could have been more special. Even though I know that Jade won't remember her first birthday party, she will always have these pictures to know how special she is and loved by all of our friends and family! Thanks to everyone who was able to make it! Your presence at Miss Jade's party was greatly appreciated and we love you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment